• This short film, about an abandoned piano in New York City by Anthony Sherin, is lovely. (Thanks, Mom, for sending it to me.)
• Two of my friends recently wrote (and published!) books. For two great reads, check out Jordan Rosenfeld’s Forged in Grace and Brian A. Klems’s hilarious Oh Boy, You’re Having a Girl. (And if you don’t already read The Life of Dad, check it out. It’s one of my favorite parenting blogs.)
• A pretty (and inexpensive) polka dot scarf.
• I love forsythia. This simple forsythia branch craft for children is a really cute spring craft.
• I’ve lately been loving this mom-focused fashion blog. Both the posts and the comments have given me a ton of ideas and tips for a stomach post-twins.
• Speaking of soft bellies, this is the first essay I’ve read about the subject that I haven’t rolled my eyes at (thank you, Kelly, for sharing).
• mywifesfightwithbreastcancer.com is a photo essay that will leave you in tears—I made it about three-quarters of the way through before Andy looked over at me wondering why I was sobbing during the OSU basketball game. I need moments like this, though, to remind me of the beauty of life.
• Smoky Sweet Potato and Apple Soup—this is really delicious.
• Supposedly the only existing film images of Anne Frank (yet another reason why I love the Internet).
“Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” —Anne Frank